Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday night updates...

Such a busy week, I haven't had time to upload any of my pictures or recipes! We've got another busy one coming up, so maybe I will just do one or two at a time until I catch up. I have been cooking, though, and I am beginning to look forward to it again in the evenings. After work, it really is so relaxing to come home and cook a nice meal for me and my hubby! I even made a cake this week...the first one in a long time that I actually got to enjoy! (instead of sending it off to a birthday party or shower)

Tonight, I'm going to back up a little bit to last Wednesday night, when I made Beef Bourguignonne in my Le Creuset. It was a Real Simple recipe. Not Julia's, but still good! It was my first time to make this and it turned out so good. I would recommend serving it with mashed potatoes or roasted new potatoes. I really missed the potatoes that this southern gal usually sees in my Mama's beef stew! Anyway, here's the recipe and a photo:
Beef Bourguignonne | Real Simple Recipes

It didn't really photograph well, but it was yummy! I can't wait to try the real thing...Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignonne!

Also, this week, the Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic made an encore appearance at our house. I love this recipe so much! If you haven't tried it yet...please, please, please do! Don't be afraid of the garlic! It cooks down and becomes a soft buttery delicious spread for the baguette. Make it tonight! Search for the recipe in my handy dandy search bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment