Thursday, August 25, 2011

Cooking Light has an app!


Dear fellow Cooking Light lovers,
There is now a Cooking Light app for the iPhone...the "Quick and Healthy Menu Maker"! It is awesome. AWESOME! You can search through beautiful photos by entree type, and once you find one you like, it will suggest a menu. You can view the recipe, ingredients (perfect for impromtu grocery trips), and nutrition facts right on your phone. You can even share the recipe via email, facebook, or twitter AND save it to your favorites. I love this app. Get it now, you'll love it too!
Sincerely, Katie :)

Click here to get the app!

Here are some recipes I've tried with the app. I used the ingredient list right in the grocery store, then followed the recipe from my phone as I cooked.

Linguine with Two-Cheese Sauce
Cooking Light



Summer Squash, Bacon, and Mozzerella Quiche
Cooking Light


(Click above for link to recipes)

Both were yummy! My favorite was the quiche. I even ate some (cold) the next morning...mmmm. Justin loved the linguine, and I didn't feel as guilty feeding him that as I do with my (instant artery clogging) alfredo sauce!

Now that I have made that alfredo sauce sound so appetizing, I know you are dying for that recipe too! :) It really is good...just don't eat it every day! haha!

Justin's favorite Alfredo Sauce

1 pint heavy cream
1/2 stick butter
2 tbsp cream cheese
1 cup fresh grated Parmesan
salt, garlic powder, white pepper, and nutmeg to taste

Heat cream over medium heat until small bubbles form at edges. Melt butter and cream cheese into cream. Stir in parmesan. Stir in seasonings to taste. Heat a few minutes to thicken. Serve over fresh fettucini or as dipping sauce. (I told you it wasn't healthy...)

No comments:

Post a Comment