Saturday, March 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Helen!


...And Happy Spring! Here are some daffodils from my yard. (my favorite flower, these are from Justin's great grandmother's house)

This week, I have been working on a birthday cake for Kevin and Mecie's daughter, Helen. It is her 5th birthday, and I have made several cakes for her. I was honored to be asked to make another! She was having a cowgirl- themed party. I used the image from her party invites as my inspiration for the fondant decorations on the cake. The cake is basic yellow vanilla-flavored cake with vanilla buttercream icing. I drew out the scene on paper and made templates from that. I then used the templates to cut out the fondant. I think it turned out pretty cute...what do you think?



My other activity for today is not cooking related, but I thought I'd share anyway. I have been wanting some new art for our living room, so I decided to paint my own...much cheaper!! Check it out:

1 comment:

  1. Did you go to PT school or art school...I can't remember =) It all looks so good!

    ReplyDelete