Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

Another year older today! But, it's going to be an amazing year, so no worries! I didn't cook today...it's my birthday! Justin took me out for a late breakfast at Primo's. My favorite breakfast destination. Their cheese grits are so good, it is just wrong! Tonight, we went to Newk's to get a slice of caramel cake. (My all time favorite birthday cake.)Last night, I was sick with a sore throat and achy all over. So, my sweet, precious husband made me dinner! He made this cheesy baked pasta with spinach and artichokes from this month's Real Simple. He is the best!

8 ounces mezzi rigatoni or some other short pasta (1/2 box)
1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, rinsed and quartered
1 9-ounce package frozen creamed spinach, thawed
1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce)
2 cups grated mozzarella (8 ounces)
black pepper

Cook the pasta according to the package directions, drain, and return it to the pot. Heat broiler.
Add the artichoke hearts, spinach, Parmesan, half the mozzarella, and ¼ teaspoon pepper to the pasta and toss to combine.
Transfer the mixture to a shallow 2-quart (or 8-inch square) broilerproof baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella. Broil until the cheese is browned in spots, 2 to 3 minutes.

MMM.. Love you honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment