Thursday, August 12, 2010

Banana "soft serve"


I just came across the most amazing thing. It is all over the internet and I'm sure some of you already know about it, but I have to pass this on. Banana "soft serve". Sounds good, right? Well, it gets better. The only ingredient is one frozen banana! I know, I was skeptical, too. Honestly, though, the texture is exactly like soft serve ice cream with a delicious natural banana flavor. No added sugar, no dairy, no fat! Perfect summer snack or dessert. If you have a sweet tooth like me, this is a life (and figure) saver!
How to do it:

Chop up a ripe banana and put it in a zipper bag. Throw it in the freezer. Let it freeze at least 24 hours. (I usually have several bags of bananas in the freezer door for smoothies) Fire up your food processor. Pulse the banana a few times till finely chopped. Then let it go full speed for about 5 minutes, stopping to scrape the sides frequently. The banana will become light and fluffy and start to resemble ice cream. Scoop into a bowl and thank me later! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment