Thursday, August 12, 2010

Green Monster

This may totally gross you out, but I am currently obsessed with this spinach smoothie recipe. I know, it sounds terrible. It is actually really good though, and there is NO other way I am eating 2-3 cups of spinach for breakfast! Just trust me, and try it. I is yummy and an easy way to sneak in some veggies!! Check out this amazing blog for other recipes, and more info about the "Green Monster": Green Monster Movement

Green Monster, from Green Monster Movement

1 cup almond milk (use any milk you like)
1 tbsp flax seeds
1 frozen banana
2-3 handfuls of fresh baby spinach
ice

Blend until completely smooth. If the green is scary, throw in some blueberries and it will be pretty, pretty purple! :)

Also, I found this yummy little concoction at Kroger:


Looks like swampwater, but tastes delish! And it is FULL of healthy green goodness. Spirulina, sprouts, wheatgrass...the list goes on and on. As my grandaddy used to say to get me to eat veggies from his garden "It'll make you pretty!"

Now, aren't you just itching to eat (or drink) something green?

No comments:

Post a Comment