Friday, July 23, 2010

Hello!

I don't know if I have mentioned it or not, but I am in love with my new job! I mean, really. Now I have time to do all the things I need to do around the house and lots of time for cooking! Yay! My running and yoga are going well. I'd probably be doing better at the running if it weren't 150 degrees outside, though. I have abandoned that "Couch to 5K" program, since I am able to run a little farther than what the program designates at this point...so I guess that's good! Today, I am getting ready for a party tonight. We are going over to the Beason's for a get-together with Justin's class. I am working on a cheesecake, chocolate-dipped strawberries, and a 7 layer salad. It has been quite a productive week...back to work tomorrow!

Here are some of the recipes I have made this past week:


Sauteed Tilapia with Lemon Caper Pan Sauce

Another Cooking Light success. This was very very similar to the chicken picatta I made not too long ago. I served it on top of some leftover risotto, and it was perfect. I love that lemony sauce. yum yum. Oh, and I used capers instead of the peppercorns that the recipe calls for, just cause that's what I had on hand!


Pasta with Asparagus, Pancetta, and Pine Nuts
Cooking Light

Simple, healthy supper!



Yesterday I got some beautiful fresh figs from the farmer's market. Plus, I found some steaks on sale at the grocery store. So, I decided we would have a fancy steak dinner!
I found this fig salad recipe from, where else?, Cooking Light. For the steaks, I use my go-to Ina Garten steakhouse steaks recipe. Here ya go!

Prosciutto, Fig, and Gorgonzola Salad
Cooking Light

I used goat cheese instead of gorgonzola, because I found the goat cheese for a great price at Kroger. This was an amazing salad...very fancy!



Steakhouse Steaks
Ina Garten

This recipe is more delicious every time, and you can use pretty much any cut you like. I had sirloin this time because it was on sale. I don't use quite as much salt as she suggests, and this time I let some goat cheese melt on the steaks while they rested...yummy! I served the steaks with smashed potatoes and green beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment