Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Playing Catch- up...

Yeah, I know. I realize I didn't post AT ALL in the entire month of June. There has been a lot going on at our house. Now that I am getting settled in my new job, there will be much more time for fun in the kitchen. (that makes me so happy)

A few weeks back, I bought two new food books. First, Grow Great Grub: Organic Food from Small Spaces by Gayla Trail.

I was totally inspired to grow some delicious grub in my small space! Well...that didn't work out so much. So far, I have ONE tomato! We did, however, start a compost bin. So, maybe next year the veggies will have a better chance...:)
The other book has proven much more beneficial: Barefoot Contessa at Home by none other than Ina Garten.

I have enjoyed this cookbook so much. It is open on the kitchen counter about as much as my Cooking Light these days. I wanted to share a couple of our favorites so far. Click the links for the recipe!

California BLT's

So yummy, and a perfect summer treat. If only I had fresh tomatoes from MY garden! ha!

Chicken Piccata

This was tonight's dinner. I totally stood over the saucepan after dinner and slurped up the sauce by the spoonful. This is incredible...and easy! I added the capers because I had some. (just throw them in with the wine and lemon juice when you make your sauce)

Have a nice evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment