Tuesday, July 6, 2010

ICE CREAM!!

Hey friends! Guess what? I got my Cuisinart ice cream/ frozen yogurt maker!! Let me tell you...this thing is amazing. It freezes 1 and 1/2 quarts in 15 minutes! OMG...I love it. My friends at Methodist Rehab gave me a gift card for my going away gift (more on that later) and this is what I used it for. I am so darn excited about this little gadget. In two weeks, I have made three different frozen treats!

First, as a thank- you to my sweet friends, I made Giada's Chocolate Hazelnut Gelato That's a link to the Food Network website's recipe. It was creamy, dreamy, chocolatey goodness. There's Nutella in it, so I was hooked. I think the girls liked it, too. Thanks, y' all!

Next up, two Cooking Light recipes caught my eye: Key Lime Pie Ice Cream and Strawberry Buttermilk Gelato... I know, right. These two were just as yummy as the first! The Key Lime is my new favorite (I realize I say that a lot when it comes to food, but seriously!) Mom and I decided it was on par with our beloved Daquiri Ice from Baskin Robbins. Check out those links for the recipes, and enjoy.

So...I told you the ice cream maker was a going away gift, right....Well I got a new job! YAY! I miss my girls at Methodist like crazy, but I am soo excited about this new opportunity. Now, I am the weekend coordinator at St. Dominic's. Once I get oriented and all that jazz, I will be working strictly weekends. I love my new job and my new friends and I am looking forward to having 4 days off every week to COOK!! Get ready, more frequent blog updates are to come!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment