Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving!!!

It's Thanksgiving- eve! Justin and I will be spending the holiday at our house this year. He is working tomorrow...so I will be cooking our first "family" Thanksgiving here in Jackson. It is nearly impossible to cook such a meal just for two, so we will be eating Thanksgiving for DAYS! I started on Monday planning my menu and shopping. Yesterday, I started prepping a few things. Here is what I have planned so far.

Katie and Justin's little Thanksgiving:

Katie's brined, buttered, herb roasted turkey breast

Mama's sweet potato casserole

Cornbread dressing

Homemade Parker House rolls

Pumpkin cheesecake

I will post recipes at the end of the week.

So yesterday I started prepping and organizing all my veggies and herbs.

I made the mushroom bechamel for the dressing

I made cornbread for the dressing, and I made the herbed butter for the turkey. Today's plans include making the cheesecake, boiling and chopping the chicken and eggs for the dressing, and brining the turkey. I'm so excited to see how my first turkey turns out! I did some research and came up with my own recipe for brine, herbed butter, and gravy. We'll see! This is also my first attempt at dressing...fingers crossed.

Happy Thanksgiving-eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment