Thursday, February 10, 2011

A few of my favorite things...

1. Bakerella!
First of all, Bakerella's blog is simply a work of art! I only hope that one day my photos will be that beautiful. This woman is amazing! She started with a little baking blog, and now has baked on The Martha Stewart Show and has a cookbook.



Could those cake pops be any cuter?! She is the brains behind those red velvet truffles I make for Justin at Christmas. The cake pops are basically these on a stick...only decorated to perfection. Bakerella is my cooking blog icon!

2. Chuck Hughes

Chuck is a Montreal chef and the star of my FAVORITE Cooking Channnel show, "Chuck's Day Off". Not only is he ADORABLE and covered in food tattoos...but there really is some awesome music on the show! I love him! I also love that cooking was his second career. It gives me hope that one day my culinary dreams will come true!
Here is an excerpt from his bio on www.cookingchanneltv.com:
"He loves simple, well-made food: “It’s food!” he excitedly reminds us. “It’s meant to be fun and taste good — it doesn’t have to be fancy ... ” And if you want to know about some of his favorites, look no further than his tattooed arms: lobsters, oysters, bacon and arugula testify that maybe, just maybe, this guy really loves his craft."

3. Food trend: Macarons



The new cupcake?!
http://www.indyweek.com/indyweek/macarons-slip-past-cupcakes-as-the-pastry-trend-du-jour/Content?oid=2015426

4. Parlor Market

Jackson's newest fine dining restaurant. Justin and I went to Parlor Market a few weeks ago, and I fell in love. Brick walls, reclaimed wood tables, slab marble ceviche bar, and the buzz of an open kitchen in the background. Perfect lunch spot, or place to dress up and go out on the town. The food is off-the-charts amazing. There is nothing else like it in Jackson. It is definitely on par with some of the places we've eaten at in New York! Wow! LOVE! I cannot stop thinking about the southern cheese plate...seriously.

5. Mo's Bacon Bar
I can't even talk about this. If I do, I will drive to The Fresh Market and buy them out. Then none of you will be able to experience this. So, for your sake, I won't talk....just go get one before I do. :)
Now I want to go to Parlor Market for lunch then come home and bake Macarons with Bakerella while watching an episode of Chuck's Day Off while eating a bacon bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment