Thursday, February 25, 2010

Friday eve....

So...let's see where I left off. Oh, Tuesday night I made turkey meatloaf and mashed potatoes from Real Simple. I didn't do a blog post because I have no picture beacause my camera battery was dead. (boo) But it was pretty good. I tried the recipe because it was easy and healthy, but honestly I am not a huge fan of meatloaf. My Mom made it ONCE, in the shape of a teddy bear...you would have to be there...Anyway, meatloaf just isn't my favorite. But check out the recipe if you are interested.

Last night, we had leftovers. For dessert, Justin wanted tea cakes. I have a recipe his mom gave me for tea cakes that I have tweaked just a tad. This recipe makes a different cookie than what I know as a traditional tea cake (dense, crisp, crunchy). These are light and chewy with crispy edges..yummy.

Tea Cakes

2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 and 1/4 cup sugar (brown sugar is delish, too)
3 eggs
2 and 1/2 cups self rising flour
1 tsp vanilla flavoring

Preaheat oven to 350. Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla. Add flour 1/2 cup at a time until well blended. Scoop onto cookie sheet with small cookie scoop. Place about 1 inch apart. Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown.


Justin's favorite way to eat these cookies is to make a "sandwich" with two cookies and a smear of the cookie dough. I have to say, this is dreamy! That is, if you aren't afraid of eating raw eggs. Try it.





Now, for tonight! PASTA NIGHT! The best night of the week. Unless, of course, we go out for sushi. I made Real Simple's Ravioli with peas and crispy bacon. It was heavenly. This is from the same collection of ravioli recipes that the sweet potato one I did a while back was from. I can't wait to try the others!

No comments:

Post a Comment