Sunday, February 21, 2010

Puppy Love

I have the cutest dog in the world, see:

This is Baxter, our Pembroke Welsh Corgi. Adorable, I know. I found a recipe for peanut butter dog treats today and decided to make them for him, since I love him sooo much. The recipe here is modified from one I found on this website.

Honey peanut butter dog biscuits

3 cups self rising flour
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup water
2 Tbsp. honey
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil

Preheat oven to 350. Combine Water, honey, oil, and peanut butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer. Add in flour 1/2 cup at a time until soft dough forms. Knead dough into a ball and roll out to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes. I used hearts, circles, and my LOVE cookie cutters. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.






Enjoying his treat! Good boy!

1 comment:

  1. mmmm I'm going to have to try this! My big sweet dog would love them! P.S. did I mention Tyler and I are just going to move in?! Your cooking is beyond awesome =)

    ReplyDelete