Friday, February 19, 2010

Shrimp Scampi with Garlic cheese biscuits

TGIF!!! Who wants some delicious shrimp scampi....um, me! Lemon, garlic, olive oil, white wine, fresh parsley...sounds like the recipe for happiness, right? Actually these are the ingredients in shrimp scampi, silly! Yet another winner from Cooking Light. Have I mentioned that I love this cookbook?

Shrimp Scampi

Cooking Light

2 teaspoons olive oil
28 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 1/2 pounds)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup Sauvignon Blanc or other dry white wine
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; sauté 1 minute. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Stir in wine, salt, and pepper; bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook 30 seconds. Add parsley and juice; toss well to coat. Cook 1 minute or until shrimp are done.

This would be amazing over angel hair pasta, but I didn't have any. We just ate it with some yummy garlic cheese biscuits that I whipped up. Here is my attempt at recreating the ones from Red Lobster (minus the sketchy seafood and bad service).

Garlic Cheese Biscuits

2 cups self rising flour
1/4 cup Crisco shortening
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3 teaspoons garlic, chopped and divided
2 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place flour in medium bowl, cut in shortening with a pastry blender. Make a well in the center of the flour and add milk. Stir to form dough. Stir in cheese and 2 tsp. of garlic. Drop or scoop with large scoop onto cast iron skillet. Dough should be touching. Bake at 400 degrees until golden. Melt butter with remaining garlic and parsley, pour mixture over biscuits just before they are done.



Oh, I almost forgot my dessert! I got a box of thin mints from the Girl Scouts this week. These are my favorite. Let me just say, people, if you are not putting your thin mints in the freezer, then I don't even understand you. What a cool chocolatey treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment